Department of science commercialization
The Department of Science Commercialization was created by order №167 «On Amendments to the Structure of the University» of 09/03/2019 Rector of the A.Yassawi International Kazakh-Turkish University B.S.Abdirasilov.
The Department of the Science Commercialization (hereinafter – DSC) is a structural unit of the A.Yassawi International Kazakh-Turkish University (hereinafter – IKTU).
Director of the Department of the Science Commercialization – PhD Kerimbekov Erzhan Rakhymzhanuly.
The department consists of 3 divisions:
The main tasks of the Department:
- Ensure interaction with the staff of the Commercialization Office and establish mutually beneficial cooperation.
- Analysis of the university ‘s patent portfolio.
- Search for new projects with potential for commercialization.
- Ensure the participation of all researchers in seminars on intellectual property protection and technology commercialization.
- Negotiating and discussing with the heads of departments and researchers on issues of scientific, technical and commercial value of the project.
- Participation in the formation of the project team to create a new business for a commercialized project.
- Advise applicants and potential partners on the status, form and funding mechanism.
- Organization of work on assessment, monitoring and management of the project.
- Carry out preliminary financial analysis of innovative projects, and organize and participate in preliminary selection of their assessment and financing, if possible.
- Preparation and processing of applications for services to substantiate the concept of projects and commercialization.