Ualikhan Seydildauly Abdibekov
The rector of Akhmet Yassawi University, professor
Doctor of physical-mathematical sciences
- Graduated from Kirov Kazakh State University, got the specialty “Mechanics” at the faculty of mechanics and applied mathematics in 1982.
- In 1982-1990, worked as an engineer of energetic and junior scientific employee at KazSRI.
- In 1990, defended his candidate thesis, worked as senior scientific employee in the institute of geography in the Academy of Science of KazSSR, then worked as a head of mathematical modeling laboratory.
- In 1995, worked as a leading scientific employee of applied hydrodynamic laboratory in the institute of mathematics of SSA of the Republic of Kazakhstan .
- During 2002-2010, worked as an executive head of computing technology department at the faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics at Al-Farabi University.
- In 2003, defended his doctor thesis on the theme «Numeral modeling of heterogeneous turbulent flow».
- Since September, 2010, worked as the dean of the faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics at Al-Farabi University.
- Since March, 2012, was appointed pro-rector in the sphere of education by the order of the Minister of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Since 2002, worked as a main scientific employee in Mathematics and Mechanics Research Institution at Al-Farabi University.
- Supervising over 20 project works and programs.
- Has two monographs and 80 scientific articles which are published in scientific journals of ICF and far abroad and has supervised 5 candidates of science and 3 PhD doctors.
Scientific interests: problems of turbulent flows; mathematical modeling of complex non linear physical phenomenon; mathematical modeling the turbulent MGD flows; spectral method based on Chebyshev’s polynomial for modeling turbulence; half empirical models for stratified surroundings; a method of major hurricane for modeling the turbulent problem;
- During 2006 and 2010, granted as best teacher, honored by medal «Ерен еңбегі үшін».
- In 2006, was correspondent-member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- In 2010, was correspondent-member of the International Academy of Engineering.
- Member of the editorial staff of «Computer technologies» in the Scientific Academy of Russia.