The Cultural Center of our university hosted a scientific and practical conference “The Seven Faces of the Great Steppe: the Time of National History” (“Values of the Great Steppe Peoples”), organized by the El-Shezhire Public Fund and the International Kazakh-Turkish University. The aim of the conference is to discuss the role of the Kazakh people in world history, as discussed in the program article of the Head of State “Seven Faces of the Great Steppe”, as well as to determine the main directions of international cooperation of domestic scientists in studying the historical roots of the Kazakh people and the global problems of our time.
The event was organized as part of the state social order of the Ministry of Information and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The conference was attended by scientists from Kazakhstan, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan. At the conference there were 5 sections:
- The history of the Golden Horde – the “golden age” of the history of the Great Steppe
- The great names of the Great Steppe
- Sacred places and folklore heritage of the Great Steppe
- The Great Silk Road – the beginning of civilization
- Turkestan – the cradle of the Turkic world
On November 21, a tour will be held for conference participants to introduce local attractions and holy places.