- Master of Science in chemical specialty
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
General aims of education:
- to form the concept of the basic laws and theories of chemistry, chemistry conceptual system and the laws of their development;
- the development of knowledge and skills of scientific-pedagogical and professional character;
- to solve actual problems of modern chemistry with use of theoretical and practical knowledge of the fundamental chemical disciplines;
- stimulation independent study, research and teaching activities
- to prepare highly educated specialists are able to conduct research and to plan research work and manage them;
- mastering the methods of computer data collection, storage and processing; mastering of active and passive vocabulary of a foreign language, necessary for the presentation of scientific material
General objectives of education:
- to conduct the logical arguments of own scientific conclusions, to generalize the experimental material, to write articles and abstracts, essays, business letters;
- to be able to solve the actual problems in the field of chemistry on the basis of theoretical and practical knowledge in fundamental disciplines;
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM RESULTS
- to know the philosophical questions of the basic laws and theory of chemistry, modern concepts of stereochemistry of inorganic and organic substances;
- modern systems of the organization and financing of scientific researches in the Republic of Kazakhstan and foreign countries; general requirements for the presentation and design of scientific results.
- fundamentals of informatics and computerization of researches
- to calculate the thermodynamic and kinetic parameters of chemical processes, predict the reaction mechanism, select and implement optimal analytical method for the analysis of substances on a professional level;
- to be able to apply new research methods, assess the results of scientific experiments;
- to be able to re-evaluate the results of scientific development and accumulated experience of social life; objectively analyze own opportunities; use modern technology in the acquisition of new knowledge; to independently plan and carry out researches.
- Languages, History and Philosophy of Science; rapid development of related professions and advanced technologies.
- Protect your copyright and related rights, ability to make an application for the invention.
The competence of future specialized master in scientific and pedagogical preparation must comply with the requirements of following employers: universities governmental and non- governmental profile, organs of governmental administration in the field of education, chemical industry and others.
Governmental mandatory component
- History and philosophy of science
- Foreign language (professional)
PROFESSIONAL MANDATORY MODULE
- Theory and problems of physical chemistry
- Organization and planning of scientific research
PIK1 Fundamentals of basic chemistry
Module – Technology of inorganic substances
Selected chapters of Inorganic Chemistry
Selected chapters of Analytical Chemistry
Module – Organic chemistry and electrochemistry
Contemporary problems of Organic Chemistry
Thermodynamics and kinetics of electrochemical processes
PIK2 Synthesis methods of chemical substances
Module – Nanotechnology and Catalysis laws
Chemistry of nanostructured systems
Modern theoretical aspects of catalysis
Module – Polymer Chemistry and raw materials of rare metals
Modern analysis methods of raw materials of rare metals
Actual issues of polymer composites
Module of major disciplines
Professional elective module
Mechanisms of inorganic reactions
Innovative methods of chemistry teaching
Modern problems of petrochemistry
Modern Problems of Environmental Chemistry
Technology and synthesis of nanostructured materials
Fundamentals of modern experimental thermodynamics
Modern problems of Macromolecular Compounds
Modern catalytic organic synthesis
Special methods of analysis
General properties of elements
Planning of multi-step syntheses of organic chemistry
Special topics of Biochemistry
Educational-industrial practice is conducted in the period specified in the SES RK standard.
1-Course: “Research Practice” is conducted in a scientific research laboratory of the Department of Ecology and Chemistry-6 weeks.
2-Course: “Pedagogical Practice” is conducted in the Department of Ecology and Chemistry – 3 weeks.
2-Course: “Research Practice” is conducted in the research laboratories of the Department of Ecology and Chemistry, in Republican SRI(Scientific Research Institute)-6 weeks.
Venue of research practice of a master:
- JSC ” Institute of Fuel, Catalysis and Electrochemistry” name D.V.Sokolskii;
- University of Cyprus;
- Kazakh National Technical University named after K.Satpaev;
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University;
- University of Gazi, Turkey
- University of Mugla, Turkey
- Technical University of Valencia, Spain
Code of specialty
The level of education
Mode of study
1 exam: English – passing score – 50;
2 exam: on a specialty
The result of two exams must be at least
Cost of education
For citizens of the R.K. (tenge):
380 000 tenge.
For foreign citizens (tenge):
500 000 tenge.