Department of Tourism and Journalism
Department of Tourism and Journalism, competitive part of the competition. As of 1 September 2018 Assoc. Prof. Fatih Turkmen has been appointed. The ratio of scientific potential of the department is %70. There are 13 faculty members lecturer in this department.. In department 1 Professor, 4 Asst. Prof., 2 Assoc. Prof., 2 Dr. and 4 master of science is working. The department offers 2 undergraduate courses. The compulsory courses of these departments are carried out by experienced, highly qualified teachers.
The number of students from Kazakhstan and foreign students enrolled in the formal education program of the Department of Tourism and Journalism in the 2018-2019 academic year:
Tourism department: 127
Journalism department: 104
Total student: 231
- Between 2011-2016, Buketov State University in Karagandı City and Muhtar Avezov State University held in Shymkent city.
- In 2017, “B 5B090200 – Tourism” branch was named Al-Farabi Young Tour which was held at the Kazakh National University became the 2nd in the Republic Student Olympics.
- Students of the Department of Journalism participate in the “Most Talented Future Journalists” Olympiads every year and are ranked 1st and 2nd.
- In 2016, K.C. According to the results of the research by the students of the higher education institution, the 2nd grade student of the Department of Tourism Koybek Aydın Ermekoğlu, 5B090400 – won the II Prize in Social and Cultural Service.
- In 2017 for the best scientific work approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 3rd grade student Aydarova Indira 5B090400 – won the II Prize in Social and Cultural Service. Scientific Advisor: Dr. N.O Abishev
- In 2017 for the best scientific work approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 3rd grade student Yankov Igor, 5B090200- Wins III in Tourism. Scientific Advisor: Research Assistant. Ayjan İsayeva
- Among the higher education institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the “Tourism” section ranked 2nd in the National Ranking in 2016.
- In 2017, the ranking of educational programs among the universities of Kazakhstan 5B090200 – Tourism training program ranked second.
- As a result of the scientific research presented for the scientific competitions of the Republic, C.Alen and G. Akhmetova, students of the “Philosophy” department, won the II, III awards for two consecutive years and were awarded the Diplomas of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- As a result of the scientific research submitted for scientific competitions, the students D.Turgunbayeva, R. Khaldarbekova, B.Karatilekova, C.Ashirbekova, M. Torunbek (Supervisor: Prof. B.Serdali). They won awards in III and were awarded Diplomas of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The ratio of scientific potential of the department is %70. Scientific research studies carried out in the department:
- Project manager: N. Abişev. Uzbekistan’a Samarkan, Bukhara, Hive, Tashkent incoming tourists to visit the tombs of Arslan Baba and Ahmet Yesevi Ways to ensure that the project work has been done. 2016-2017. Project Amount 1000000 Kazakhstan
- Project manager: A.T.Abubakirova-“ Project studies were carried out to determine the knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of employees in 4-5-star hotels in Kazakhstan on food safety.. 2016-2018. Project Amount 1500000 Kazakhstan
- Project manager: Fatih Türkmen- “Crisis Management Methods of Touristic Managers licensed to Cultural Tourism”. Karabük Üniversity Department of Scientific Research Projects (Türkiye) 2017 year KBÜ-BAP-15/2-KP-061-626,0 Department of Scientific Research Projects:265.041 Turkish Liras.
- Project manager: Fatih Türkmen-“ Views of Local People on the Use of National Parks in Tourism” Karabük Üniversity Department of Scientific Research Projects (Türkiye) 2017 year. KBÜ-BAP-14/2-DS-069, Research Projects:9.010 Turkish Liras.
The Indexes of Thomson Reuters, Elsevier, Scopus, Science Direct MSc and PhD students are registered with our faculty members
Instructors and students of the Department of Tourism and Journalism participate in meetings, cultural and social events held at the University. Among them:
A traditional Tourism Show event of the tourism department is organized every year.
The purpose of the Tourism Show activity is to strengthen the friendship of the students who are studying in the sosyal Tourism ın section and to increase the social, economic and political importance of the tourism branch thanks to the communication of the students.
Forwarding to the Future:: “РУХАНИ ЖАҢҒЫРУ”- The program organizes meetings with students on the tasks of the next years.